11.05.2010

birthday celebrations...

My younger nephew and my dad both have birthdays in November so we celebrated them tonight. It was been a long week. Between work, special friends and get togethers that end after midnight, a trip to urgent care because Ryder had a reaction that caused his face to swell up (he is fine now, it was a freaky fluke thing and we don't know what caused it...), and a talk that my sister and I gave to a mom's group at her church, I was spent by the time friday after noon came around. We had a REALLY nice time together. My mom made an amazing pasta dinner and my sister made apple crisp, Kit took a nap, we watched a movie with the kiddos while the new lego toy was assembled, and Ryder had a nap and was his usual cheerful self (you would not know that he is teething...) It was really an enjoyable, low key day. It was very needed to say the least.

The birthday boys...
Ryder sporting the onesie that my sister made, in honor of my dad, the best dressed guy I know (who loves a good tie)...
Ryder loves his Mia and Papa.