11.09.2010

Shredded beef sandwiches...


I love my Crock Pot. I will be honest, I grew up with a, lets call it, a stew that my mom would make in her crock pot and I didn't like it. It was bland and didn't have much flavor and it was one of those things that tasted really healthy for you and that is NOT a plus when you are in kindergarten. (My mom is an amazing cook and has introduced me to MANY slow cooker recipes in hopes that I wouldn't disregard the crock pot as a viable asset to making dinners happen.)
I love you mom!

So in the almost 8 years that I have been married, I have been enjoying the process of gathering recipes that can be made in the slow cooker and last night I tried one from my sister-in-law and it was awesome. (She has made it for us and I loved it but sometimes when I attempt to duplicate a recipe, it just doesn't quite happen the way I want it to...)

It is so easy. You put a beef roast in the crock pot. Slice holes in the side facing up. Use half of a 16 oz jar, with the juice of deli-sliced peperoncini, poured over the roast, allowing the juice to get in the holes that you have made. Cook on low for 6 hours.

When done, shred with forks and then place on rolls, topped with the remaining peperoncini. We added deli mustard and roasted bell peppers. It was tasty and SO EASY, and Kit loved it. Again, these are my two criteria for a new recipe.

The added bonus to a crock pot dinner is more sitting on the floor with Ryder and feeling less stressed about making dinner and balancing a baby, right when Kit gets home.