11.26.2009

Thankfulness...

This is always the time of year when I reflect on what I am thankful for in my life. Over the last few weeks, there have been many different gatherings: some around joyful family events, some around friends that have become our family, some around the celebration of new life and some in the celebration of a life lived. Each has shown me things that the Lord has brought into my life that have caused me to reflect on thankfulness.

Here are a few things on my list:
~for my Kit Rae (The biggest example of God's grace and love in my life.)
~our little man (I can't wait to be your mom, Ryder...)
~our close family and friends that love us with such gentleness, truth and transparency
(Thank you all for living life with us.)
~our jobs and how much we love them (My dad once said that if you love what you do, you will never have to work a day in your life. Thanks for sharing that with me, dad...)
~opportunities that allow for growth in my love for Jesus and the relationship that I desire to have with Him
~for the opportunity to have our niece and nephews in our lives
(We hope to get you here soon little missy. We love you already!)
~for the relationship that we have with our parents, and the example that we hope to emulate in the way we love each other and our kids.

I could go on and on, but these are things that have been resonating in my mind over the last few weeks and I really wanted to share them with you!

Celebrating with our friends at thanksgiving with lots of laughing, good food and sharing of lives together.
My dad's side of the family at my Papa's memorial service.