11.21.2009

Family time!

November always seems to jump start the holidays for us, with parties with family and friends and I think it's why it's my favorite time of year.
Yesterday we had my mom's side of the family over for a pre-thanksgiving party, and we had so much fun! The menu was mediterranean and everyone pitched in and the food was so good!
Since I love to have something like a game or trivia or something that specializes the event, I thought I would focus on thankfulness. So, thanks to the Thrashes, we had our thankfulness list. Everyone pitched in and it was so fun to read the list at the end of the day and realize all the things we have to be thankful for.

Then I had fun putting all of our names and special words into a word search that everyone worked on.
(It's free on line and people really had fun with it...)
I love to do party favors, especially with all these people that I love and am so thankful for, so I wrote them each notes on why I am thankful to have them in my life and to tell them how much they mean to me. It was special writing them and it made me realize what incredible family we have.
Needless to say, it was such a great time and I am so thankful for our amazing family community!