10.04.2009

Celebrating our baby girl...

We had our baby girls party and it was such a special event. The combination of 20 amazing women and really good food and then you add gifts that included some of the CUTEST little girl clothes ever... it all made for a very special event.

My friends Dana, Brookie and my mom helped with the food and it was some of the tastiest food that I have ever had at a party. (We used barefoot contessa recipes...YUM!) My mom and dad came to help me with set up and I was so thankful. Kit did an amazing job with layout and setting things up so that we had a nice flow...
Thank you all so much for helping me! I couldn't have done it with out you!

My worker bees... who also spent the night and helped me with clean up. Now that's love!

Kit's set up out side... The table that is set up with against the bricks had a spot for notes for the baby girl that people wrote, with quotes on adoption and having a child, mounted on the wall. We are planning to compile a book for her once we get her here.

All those amazing women.

It was not a coincidence that we had the party this specific weekend. We got news that our court date was bumped back from October 7th to October 22nd and that they are extending travel time lines from 4 weeks to 8 weeks. We found that all out on the 1st and needless to say out family was very discouraged. We really thought that we would have her here by thanksgiving and at the very latest, Christmas. This party really enabled us to celebrate the anticipation that we WILL eventually get her and confirmed all of the people that are just waiting with open arms to love this little peanut.
Please pray with us that we can get her here...