10.08.2009

Cats and Plant Roots...

So Kit and I have this large bush that is right outside our window, in the front of our house and it has been slowly dying over the last three weeks. (I swear it's the cats in the neighborhood that use that corner as their litter box...they killed my birch tree AND my front plant. I am convinced.) Here is just one of the culprits.
Anyway, Kit and I had some time today and we decided to pull the suckers out.
Here is the view looking out our bedroom window.
Here is the before and during pictures.

We pulled out 3 of these suckers! (Yes, I was out there helping and would you believe that we actually broke a shovel in the process!)
The finished area!
It's so nice to do projects like this together. We are still thinking about what we want to plant. Our next step it to refinish the wall and repaint it. We will keep you posted...