8.13.2009

card making cookie cutter...

We have decided to have a party, that will be more like a baby shower, for our niece before she gets here and then we will have a welcome party when she arrives. I have been thinking about this party since last spring and I can't wait to make it really special.

So every party starts with invitations. Evites are great but I LOVE getting invitations in the mail and having them on our fridge in anticipation of the party... So the theme of the party is "There Is No Me Without You", the title of the book that I blogged about a few days ago.

I decided to have the continent of Africa be a huge part of the decorations and theme as well. So after looking for the best way to get the continent of Africa for everything I need, I went with a cookie cutter. Hey I know there are die cut machines out there, but how many die cut machines make cookies too...


So I traced and cut out the Africa shape on white cardstcok, then attached it to colored cardstock with a brad. I put a heart where Ethiopia is and then hand wrote on the side.

The finished product...


I know that it could look quite a bit different depending on the paper that you use, but you understand the concept...
I can't wait for the party!