8.08.2009

"You must be the change you want to see in the world..."

We have mentioned that Gina's sister and brother-in-law are adopting a little girl from Ethiopia, and we are so excited about it! Because their adoption is not finalized, their agency, Holt International, has requested that the child's personal information and photos are not shared until the adoption is finalized. We have a court date for October 7 and our family is hoping to get her by Christmas.

So, we have pictures of her and you will just have to take my word for it, she is the most precious little girl, and we are not biased, I promise. As soon as her adoption is finalized, I will post LOTS of pictures. My sister and brother-in-law have asked that we not share any personal info, but we can say that she is about 15 months old, about 15 lbs. and among her skill sets, she can doodle and put marbles in a cup. As an uncle and aunt, we are so proud! We can't wait to get her in our family.

It's amazing how this little girl has already changed our lives. We have become aware to needs that we would have otherwise never realized. People, every day, are making differences, making this world better, and we are humbled by it in our own lives. We desire to think globally, to consider needs of others more than those of ourselves.

This book was a huge eye opener to our family and it follows a woman who made an incredible difference in the lives of ethiopian orphans, and children whose lives where destroyed by AIDS. She gave hope and built families and was a HUGE inspiration. This book was a catalyst for my sister and brother-in-law to adopt from Ethiopia. I hope that you enjoy it as much as I did. By enjoy, I mean, having my heart broken, tears flowing down my face with joy and sadness for these kids, and realizing how selfish I really can be, and yet realizing the capacity for God's love, grace, faithfulness, and mercy. This is a book about HOPE. But then, that was just my experience.


"You must be the change you want to see in the world."
~ ghandi