12.02.2020

Decking our Halls part 1

 Ok, we have a rule in our house that we don't decorate for Christmas until Thanksgiving is over, but this is the year that things are just different.  Since we were hosting Thanksgiving, we focused most of our energy upstairs.  We don't usually put a lot of energy into our rooms, which made it very fun for us! In our room, I decorated our headboard (complete with mistletoe) and pulled in a plaid throw:

In Ryder's room, we pulled out felt holly garlands and trees for his dresser:

And for Eden's room, we got a little pink bottle brush tree to match her first silver and pink ribbon tree:
I put my childhood nativity out for her:
Then we crafted a few garland for her room:
She is loving it and it makes it all feel so special!
I decorated the staircase.  It's the third time I have done it since we have lived in this house and we love it each and every year!
In our guest bathroom, we did a new little area, which I think just might be my favorite:
Those are the kids hands and fingerprints: 
It is all coming together!
Then a little nook in our kitchen:
 
And the holiday scent that has seemed to taken over this year...
This is our first year decorating our remodeled kitchen and we love it so much!
Since we hosted a little Thanksgiving, there are a few parts of the house that I am still switching over from Thanksgiving to Christmas, and this weekend we are planning to get our tree...
I should have more switched over tomorrow!