1.17.2020

Celebrating My Grandma Marie

On Wednesday, we had our first of two celebrations in honor of Grandma Marie's life.
First was her Memorial Mass at her church:
 She would attend mass daily. She LOVED it here!
Kneeling together in this place that she loved and listening to the priest acknowledge her deep love for her Savior brought me to tears.
We sang songs together, some of her favorites!
After Mass, we headed to one of my mom’s oldest and dearest friends, Judy, who hosted us all with a beautiful reception:
After the reception, I headed to the cemetery with my parents and  my aunt and uncle to finalize things for the graveside service on February 1. We found my great grandparents who came from Italy:
Though I know my grandma isn’t there, I love knowing that her remains will be near her sister and her parents. It was a really sweet day and I’m so honored to have had this woman in my life and that we had the privilege to call her ours.