12.16.2019

She is home...

On December 14, at 1027 in the evening, my grandma went home to be with Jesus.
She was surrounded by our immediate family. At the time that she passed, my Uncle was asking about how I knew Kit was the one I wanted to marry. There was such peace and joy in those sweet moments in just being together and sharing stories.  It was a sacred moment that I will never forget. After 36 hours of waiting by her side and caring for every need, reading from her prayer books and stories like "The Giving Tree" and praying together, she is home with her Savior, who she loved so deeply.  Though we stand in hope and joy, knowing that we will see her again, we will still miss her terribly and be homesick for her in her absence.  What an honor it was to be loved by her, to be her family, and that we had the privilege to call her ours.