3.24.2017

all the silly and the sweet...

I work one day a week as a Postpartum nurse.  So when people as "What I do" I tend to say I'm primarily a stay at home mom.  Before I had my kiddos, I would ask friends with little kids to try to describe a day in their life.  After I had Ryder, I realized what a ridiculous question that is.  Every day can feel different, even in the EXACT same routine and schedule.  
I was looking through photos the other day to find a picture for Eden and these particular pictures made my "mom" heart so happy because they capture that whole "different in the same"...
I don't want to forget all the silly and the sweet moments...
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
We were in Hobby Lobby and she had to go to the bathroom.  RIGHT outside the door was the Easter stuff and we stayed there for a full 5 minutes while she tried all the Easter glasses on.  These were her favorite:
She can do pretend play in her room:
Then I will be invited to play and there is inevitably an intricate story line that I am to follow:
(Also she makes them outfits with her washcloths and hair clips...I am also required to do different voices for different princesses...))
The kids only get individual screen time on the weekends.  On this particular Sunday, Kit had come home between services to nap and Ryder had taken it upon himself to protect his dad from anyone that would wake him up (A.K.A. the littlest Rae):
A BIG Costco run will always lead to the food court because at some point we have bribed them with smoothies, pizza, or both...:
(These photos were appropriately called "pizza beards" and immediately made me wish that I had a diaper bag with wipes from the good old days...)
It doesn't matter if we are watching something or reading together, this is the position that Eden will be in:
(Eden calls it "Nuggle Time" and I will CRY RIVERS when she doesn't want to snuggle anymore...)
While I do yard work, she will blow bubbles until she almost passes out and is upset when you tell her she has had enough, even, when I SWEAR, she is lightheaded and ready to fall over.
(Bubble machines?  She doesn't think they are as fun as doing it yourself...)
"Mom, the flowers match my shoes!"
Which meant that it took Eden an extra 7 minutes to get in the car to go to preschool because she just wanted to see her boots with the flowers:
Dressing up in her "Pupcake" dress, requesting her glasses and then giving me a thumbs up when I asked her if she needed anything else:
(Things I see in my rear view mirror...)
Batting practice, because after baseball, she realizes she wants to be EXACTLY like her bother, and Ryder is sweet to comply...
Burning off energy after school,  while it rained outside:
How thankful I am that I get to be their mama and watch them grow!  On some days, these phases seem so short, and on others, they seem to go on forever... But regardless, at the end of whatever kind of day we have had, I love that these are the kiddos that I get to tuck in smooch and spend my days loving...❤︎