9.06.2016

Labor Day Weekend 2016

Our three day weekend had some really fun family moments and we just enjoyed every second that we were able to be off together.
We made an apple crisp on Friday to take to a swim party that night with our Life Group family:
(I didn't get one picture of our time community time together and we stayed out until almost midnight!) 
 Soccer is starting this week...
Guess who needed new shoes?  
Yep, Ryder is currently in a size 1.
Stop growing!!!
Kit told Eden that she could be his assistant coach and she is INSISTING that she should get a whistle too.  Lord help us all... 
They then headed in the back to practice passing!
Then Kit showed Ryder some basis bike mechanics while he prepped for a ride that Kit has coming up...
(You can take the mechanic out of the bike shop, but you can't take the bike shop out of the mechanic... or something like that...❤︎)
We made our favorite dinner and we used deer meat from our cousin's recent hunting trip.
It was REALLY good!  It was the kids first time eating deer and they were really big fans!
We had a bike ride and playground time:
Ryder did his first pick up game of football and he made some amazing catches and tackles and was leveled only once, but came away saying how much fun he had making new friends.  We really love where we live...
Oh the men in my life are the silliest ever...
These weekends are made for the kids slumber partying together in Ryder's room, sleeping in, making pancakes and drinking huge cups of coffee, gardening and puttering around the house,  and just hanging out and enjoying each other's company.
I worked on Monday and though I love my job, one of the best parts of it is this:
The walk that takes me to my car at the end of a long shift...
While I was there, these were the photos that I got of my favorites...
I am ready for this week.  We have Eden's preschool open house and her first day of preschool.  I am excited for her.  She is so ready.