9.12.2016

Eden Marie's First Day of Preschool!

Last Friday was Eden's first day of preschool.  After her "open House" last Wednesday, she was SO excited.  She has now seen Ryder have 3 "first day of school" days and she was so ready for it to be her turn!
Mia, Papa, and Aunt Colie came out for the festivities.
Eden doesn't start until 1215p, so we had a little excursion first:
(It was a reason for me to shamelessly eat my feelings...❤︎)
We had come here for Ryder's first day of preschool, and it just seemed like a really sweet tradition to keep.
Then we headed home to get ready and to get some pictures...
Then we went inside and read some books with our Aunt Colie, because she is the best!
The we headed to school:
 I had taken so many pictures on Wednesday at the "Meet your Teacher Day" that I really didn't get many from the day of your classroom or teachers...
When we walked into her classroom, she was crazy excited to see the little friend she had made and that she would be able to paint and dress up and read books.  She sat in the circle and two other kids began sobbing and trying to get to their parents.  The teachers were handling it beautifully, but I could see on my daughters face that the tears were coming.  She looked at me and ran over with tears down her little face asking when we would be back.  We told her that it would be so soon and that we were so close and that she would have fun and that we would be here to get her and then I prayed for her.  That she would have fun, that she would be comforted, that it would be the best day...
Mrs. Young came and had her sit on her lap to read books and the crying stopped immediately.  She blew me a kiss and waved and she was O.K.
It was so strange to leave with no children!
We got in the car and  and Kit asked where I wanted to go for lunch.  That this was a lunch for me as a mom.  He thanked me for being home with our kids, for getting two children into these school age years, and for making our home such a place special to raise a family.  
We went to a little spot down town:
We realized that we will have these few hours on Fridays together.  Friends of ours call them "honeymoon Fridays" and it made me excited for the carved out time that Kit and I will have together!  When we picked her up, they said she had so much fun, and trying to get her to leave was so HARD!  I couldn't have asked for a better experience!  Overall it was a wonderful first day of preschool for Eden... and us...❤︎