10.19.2015

17 years

On October 17, 1998, Kit asked me to be his girlfriend, and we have been together ever since.  So this last Saturday marked 17 years together...
Our first photo together:
(September 1998 at a Biola dorm event...)
October 1998, a week or two after he asked me to be his girlfriend, I took him home to meet my family, because I knew this was something really special.  Yep, it was just that crazy fast!
We left that weekend with two realizations:
1.  This was who we wanted to spend the rest of our lives with and proceeded intentionally toward marriage for the next 4 1/2 years and 
2.  If this didn't work out, my family would choose Kit over me.
I then got to hang out with his family that January of 1999 and that sealed the deal:
In those first months of college, Kit had quickly become my best friend and I realized even faster how much I wanted to spend the rest of my life with him.  He loves me so well and I am so thankful for who he is: in the silly and the serious, in the joy and the sorrow, this man remains my favorite of all time...❤︎