10.13.2015

time with my "late bird"

Ryder is in a half day kindergarten that has two groups: the "early birds" that start at 8am and the "late birds" that start at 930am.  Ryder is a late bird and also has the gift from his mother of being a morning person.  This means that he is ready to go long before we have to actually get in the car to leave for school.  That has allowed him time to play and relax in the morning.  This one particular day last week, I came into this little scene in our playroom:
 He had drawn a picture of our family to put in his back pack and to have with him for the day.
He wasn't sad or upset, just very matter of fact about it. 
This kiddo just melts my heart with his tender, relational side!
I am thankful that we don't have to rush this year, that we can take it slow and I think it has made the adjustment to a five day school week much calmer for me.