8.15.2013

creating: building a flower box for our table

I have wanted to build a flower box for the center of our dining room table and recently I finally got to do it.  
I found this fence board and bought two at Lowes.
Everything else I had on hand, so this box came to $3!
 Once we had the finished box, I used wood filler on the nail holes and the corners to smooth it all out.
I decided to paint it white.  
We used a spray primer to make sure our paint looked it's best.
When it was all painted, I thought that it needed something, so I added handles to the ends and a shelf liner to the bottom, both found at Lowes:
We love how it came out.  It was a little project that we worked on over a couple of days and I just love that we got to make it as a family!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
I found a little use for these babies.
I washed them, stripped the labels, ran them through the dishwasher and they were ready to go.
I am planning to line them up in the box and fill them with flowers.
I can't wait!