10.10.2012

decorating our house for fall

Since Eden has been born, I have really struggled with things looking cluttered.  (I think the truth is my mind feels cluttered and jumbled and I hate that my house might depict what is going on in my head...)  I know, doesn't that sound totally sane? Ok, I digress...
The problem with this "no clutter" issue is that this is the time of year that I pull out seasonal decorations and place them all over our house.  So I decided to simplify the halloween decorations this year.  I am really excited about how it came out.  It feels festive, but not overwhelming:
These are pumpkins that Ryder picked out for he and his sister to have next to their pictures on my desk:
Here they are placed by Ryder:
(I know it looks a little like a shrine...)
Then we pulled all our fall books out (including our thanksgiving books) and we have them out ready to be enjoyed.  When we rotate books, it feels like we get new ones year round.
Then we added a little garland to the mantle:
And finally, Ryder picked this little pumpkin and wanted it in a place that he could get to it easily:
It's just little touches but the house feels like it's ready for fall...
Now if only the weather would cool down, that would be amazing!