7.03.2012

play time

I am so proud of my big kid!  He has gotten more and more into creative play time and is very content to play with others, as well as playing by himself.
He has a stack of his favorite books my his chair and I will see him climb up, grab them, and flip through them as though he is reading them.
 
The favorite indoor toys are Buzz (aka "Uzz"), mr. potato head (thanks to speech therapy), his farm (which always comes with the singing of old Mac Donald), and his legos.
He also loves his tent from Ikea and loves bringing his toys and books in there.
He also likes to combine his toys.  We both think that Buzz makes an excellent farmer...
I mean is there anything that "Uzz" can't do?
 
His dexterity with his legos has been pretty awesome too.  He is starting to be able to build little things which is really fun to see.  Sometimes I sit down to start putting things together and I get a  "No mama" and other times I ask if I can join him and I get a huge smile and a big "SURE!"
I just take what I can get...
Right now our days are designed around naps.  Eden has her first nap at 10a-1pm.  I then put Ryder down at 1pm after he has eaten his lunch.   I will usually work in about 30 minutes of overlap so that I can eat lunch. He sleeps until about 330p.  Then she goes down for a little nap at about 4pm.  I know that there is always someone awake, but it has been really nice for me to get one on one time with Ryder and I think it's made this transition of getting a sibling a little smoother.
When I look back on these days before school schedules and extra curricular activities, I will always try to remember these sweet moments with each of my babies.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Little updates:
Speech therapy:
It has been awesome!  He loves his therapist and has been getting better and better with articulation of words and phrases!  He cries when she leaves because she is so sweet AND she brings the best toys!
Work:
My first shift was really hard.  I felt like a new grad.  There had been lots of changes to our department,  it was a crazy busy day and I cried multiple times when people asked me how I was doing with leaving Eden.  On my second shift, the following week, I got all caught up on EVERYTHING and I finally feel like all I have to do is just go to work and take care of people and not get detracted with paper work.  I miss the kids and being with Kit, but I can see that it is going to be a great break and a wonderful opportunity to appreciate being with my kids.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Well we are excited about the fourth of July and getting to be part of our streets annual block party.  I will have lots of pictures following the festivities!  I hope you have a great day!