7.30.2012

birthday celebrations (a little weekend recap...)

This weekend we had the privilege of driving up north and celebrating two very special men in our lives:
Kit's dad Eric and a close family friend, Steve.  They both turned 60 and this weekend was all about getting to celebrate them!
First we celebrated Eric on Saturday.  (He is one of Ryder's ALL TIME favorite people so watching them together was such an added bonus!)
The Rae boys:
 Ryder telling me how good the dutch oven cobbler was.  
(Anything that his grandpa does is a fun thing to copy!)
They were really good!
 I hate that this one came out blurry of Rdyer and Eric, but look how they are both holding hands... and the smiles are so precious!
 All the guests:
 On Sunday morning, before we headed to the beach for Steve's party, Ryder and Eric did one of their all time favortie things: Went to check on the chickens and see if there were any eggs:
 Then we headed to Refugio:
Steve Mori was a neighbor of Kit's mom and they are our extended family.  I think that Diane told me that she has known him since she was in the second grade.
Kit and I think he is just the coolest!
 Eden was enjoying the party while Ryder enjoyed...
 ...the water!
He really could not get enough of the water!
              
While Ryder turned himself into a little churro, Eden and I got to snuggle:
(Thanks lindsey for these photos!)
 
And we got some family pictures!
I had some fun editing this one:
I hope that you have a very happy monday!