7.26.2012

some thoughts on schedules and new routines

When Eden was born, I really struggled with the constant thought
"There are more of them than there are of me."
It sounds so silly, but that thought gave me such anxiety!  So to handle it, I had them alternate their nap routines.  Both kids sleep through the night beautifully, and during the day, I would put Eden down for her nap at about 930a or 10a.  Ryder and I would play/eat lunch until he would go down for a nap at about 1p.  Eden would wake up shortly after that.  We would spend time together until he woke up at about 3p. Then Eden would go down for her afternoon nap.
All that to say, I would pretty much just have one kiddo up at a time from about 930a-5p.
It was a great way to ease into having two little people, however, I wouldn't get a break because someone would always be up.
About two weeks ago,  I started to realize that I really needed a little mid day break.
So I started to change their nap times.
I have been putting Eden down at 1130a and Ryder down at 1230p.  It has been giving me a break and I am feeling like a new woman!  And even better, a new mom!
Ryder and I really enjoy the hour that we have together.
Our new routine is that during lunch, we get a stack of books, we eat our lunch and we read .
It's been so fun!
In regards to parenting, isn't it so true that just when you think you have something figured out, it changes...  I think that's what can make it fun too! 
Well, we are definitely in the figure it out as we go mindset.
In the end, the best part is that we get to be with our kids.
It really doesn't get much better than that!