11.07.2011

A little weekend recap...

We had a WONDERFUL weekend as a family.  We went garage saleing on saturday and spent 2 dollars on a magna doodle, books and small plastic dinosaurs for Ryder,  all of which he is ECSTATIC about.  We (mostly Kit) organized the garage to make an outdoor play area for Ryder and to purge things that we really didn't need anymore.  That always feels so good.  
Then on Saturday night we went with our neighbors to our local high school's annual fund raiser where all types of food trucks come to the campus and there is live music and families and LOTS of raging hormones.   (And not just my pregnant ones...man, high ) But seriously, what these people can create in a tiny truck completely blows my mind!

Then on Sunday we went to church and Ryder stayed in his class the ENTIRE time.  Let me think of the last time that happened... I got nothing... So Kit and I were able to go to an ENTIRE service together.  It was so special for us.  We have really been having a hard time with separation anxiety with our little man. We leave him with our family and close friends but I really don't have to leave him very often so, if I was being honest, it's as hard for me as it is for Ryder.  We are both doing better though.  This was a huge step for us!

Then we headed with some of our close friends for a progressive dinner that took us from Balboa Island, to Irvine, to Laguna Beach.  It was a wonderful time sharing good food with some of our close friends...
I have to say that Ryder did not get the memo about how great time change is.  I also think that he is growth spurting and that has been super fun.  Clothes all of the sudden don't fit and he is eating a TON, plus he has been running into walls or falling a little easier than before.
All things that our pediatrician thinks points to a growing boy!


Have a very happy Monday!