7.17.2010

fleece in the summertime?

Yes, I think that I was a little crazy when I did this little project... Making a fleece blanket when it was in the 90's today made me think that the heat was actually getting to me. Well, in our main living room, we have laminate floors, so now that we are starting to have Ryder do more tummy time and wanting him to be in places so that he can roll over (we are such stage parents...) I got the idea to make a blanket that could go on the floor, that was a little thicker than our other blankets so that it would be more comfortable for him, while also being easy to wash and soft at the same time. I so this is what I made... (This is not my idea, I can't think where I first saw this, but it was really fun!)

I got a yard of fleece, which made (roughly) a 40 in by 35 in blanket. First I doubled the blanket's layers, then I cut strips along the entire perimeter of the blanket, then tied each strip together. No sewing required! The best part is the fleece came to 3 dollars because who wants to buy fleece this time of year, so it was all 50% off! (Plus, you don't need any notions which can add up quickly depending on the project or maybe that's just me...)

Ryder liked it, so I figure that makes it a success...