10.06.2023

snapshots of a workday...

 I wanted to remember little mental snapshots of my workday...  In 20 years I have never thought to take little pictures throughout my shift, just to remember what my workday are like...

I get to work at 530 and take time in my car to pray over my day, over our units, over my patients, and our staff...
I take the same stairwell that I took to my first ever unit for oncology.  When they built our new tower, my old unit on 5 north was connected to my unit on 5 southwest.  Every time I go to work, I think of those early years of my nursing career and I think of how grateful I am to have the job that I have now!
My old unit...
My home for the last 17 years...
I have pictures of my family on my locker and I love that I get to see their faces before I start my day!
I get my stuff set up in my little corner of the nursing station...
Between my patients room and here, I spend SO MUCH TIME for the shift...
For my break I walk our stairs.  It's an amazing stress reliever...
Time for lunch where I text Kit and play sudoku on my phone and listen to calming music on our Care station on our staff room TV.
At this point in the day, my hairstyle, at best, can be described as deranged poodle...
By the end of the 13+ hour day, I make my way to the parking structure.  
There is something so satisfying about the end of the shift, viewing this job as a ministry, utilizing a degree that I have, financially supporting my family, and getting to connect with amazing friends, co-workers, and patients... I am so thankful for this job.  I am thankful to have these little snapshots of the workday to remember...