4.28.2023

April books...

This month was filled with lighthearted books and stories and it was such a treat to get lost in their adventures...

I really loved the character of Anne that Montgomery creates in her books, as well as the stories of additional characters. I loved reading the continuation to "Anne of Green Gables". I thoroughly enjoyed these.  I loved the movies growing up, and though the books are really not like the movies, the character of Anne is incredibly endearing and I am having so much fun reading the extended tales of her life with Gilbert and the community around them.
I absolutely LOVE this series.  I had only planned to read it for solidarity with Eden, but I have LOVED them.  This one takes the family outside of Harlem and is just as sweet of a story as the first 5.  When a book has you falling in love with characters, I just want to read it even more... We are on the countdown to the next book!
And finally...
Growing up in the evangelical Christian world, this book was simultaneously inspiring, eye opening, and highly educational in both mental and spiritual ways.  There are so many layers to this book and what she shares and bring to light... I strongly recommend this book!