9.27.2021

I almost lost it...

 I got a message form Ryder after school on Friday that he had jammed his left thumb while playing catch with a football during PE.  He had a note from is orthopedist that he is not to participate in PE for three weeks.  His thumb was twice its normal size and extremely bruised.  I thought FOR SURE it was broken.  So for the second time in less than two weeks, we headed for x-rays.  Thankfully is was a really bad sprain.  He came home from urgent care like this:

I am not going to lie.  I almost completely lost it on him.  According to the physician, had it been broken, he would have needed a cast for about 6 weeks.  Soccer would have probably been over.  So many things would have been such a hassle. We are so thankful that is not how it ended up and that everything is healing as it should.  After knowing that everything was ok, we did get a chuckle that both hands were out of commission for the weekend...