5.15.2019

Father's Day Came Early!

Kit's Birthday falls on Father's Day this year and I really wanted to do something with intentionality that I knew he would love.  We decided to make a sitting area for the front porch and patio area to go with the portable fire pit that he got last year.  We loved the idea of creating a space for conversations and connections, as well as a place that we could be more social in our neighborhood.
Here is what we started with:
It's fine, it's just not very comfortable or inviting and since we are looking forward to fire pit evenings during the summer, I thought we could make it more usable...
We found these Polywood adirondack chairs at Costco:
We got a pot at Home Depot and we decided to paint it white:
 So we went from this:
 To this:
We chose a fern because we have others next to our hydrangeas.
After finding some accessories around the house, and outdoor pillows at Target on sale, this is the finished product:
To be honest, I am sure that I will be tweaking it the more we use it.  I have been out here everyday.  It's a spot in our house that has become part of my rhythm.
 We are so excited about how it came out.  We have sat out there almost every night and we are LOVING it!❤︎