7.20.2018

bikes, park adventures, and meltdowns averted...

We took a bike ride to the park the other day and found this poster:
We loaded the app and Ryder and I had the sweetest time doing all the "missions" that it gave us to do:
While we were doing the scavenger hunt, Eden had a complete meltdown. Ryder got off his bike and hugged her.  He listened to her.  It stopped me right in my tracks.  He is SO good with her.  He brings a calm, nurturing presence when he is with her.  He is so patient.  I am thankful that I have a front row seat to watch their friendship grow and flourish.  Their relationship brings so much joy to my heart and I am incredibly thankful to be their mom.
 He helped her turn it around and we were able to salvage the adventure.
My heart is grateful for these motherhood moments that I am able to witness, the good and the hard.
I have so much to learn from my children...❤︎