11.14.2017

"What does a day look like?"

With having both kids in school five days a week for the past few months, I have been getting the question of "How is it going with all your free time?" or "So what are your days looking like now?"
We are definitely in a new chapter of life, specifically as someone who is home 6 days of the week with my babies.
For a little snap shot of life right now, I did a day in photos for this last Monday:
I wake up at 530a every day.  I run 3 1/2 miles, 5 days a week.
(I don't run on Sundays or my work days.)
I came home and threw make up on and got myself ready for the day to start breakfast for the kiddos.
While the kiddos ate, I checked the chickens:
And started drinking my coffee:
Then the kids brushed their teeth and got dressed while I cleaned the kitchen, make their beds, and wiped down their bathroom:
Kit kept everyone on task and I couldn't do it without him!
Then I did Eden's hair:
(Pretty much we always do braids)
We are out the door by 735a to do carpool:
School starts at 8am
 I still can't get over being in a car by myself...
I headed to Target for probably the most unexciting basket items EVER! (But wandering around the isles by myself was nice...)
I got home about 845a and spend time with Kit before he headed to work and we finalized our holiday schedule for my work.
Then I spent time in the bible, doing my devotional, and listened to worship:
I will also do any emailing, phone calls, or blog stuff during that time too.
Then I did little chores that I had listed: That day was a date with my vacuum and cleaned our bathroom:
With working on Tuesdays, I set out two sets of uniforms for each kiddo so that I know they are set in regards to any laundry I need to do.
Over the weekend, I organize snacks and lunch items for the week, write notes for each kiddo, and generally make two lunches/snacks for the kids at a time so that I am ahead of it for the week, so that all we have to do for the morning is put it in the lunch cooler.
I like to organize it all of it so that all I have to do is throw it together.
I also put out my clothes for the next day...
I've noticed that setting things out the night before help me know what uniforms (for work, school, or sports) need to be washed.
At 11a I headed out to pick Eden up:
(It's crazy how fast 3 hours go!)
While Eden changed her clothes, I pulled out her snack and made her lunch. 
 Yogurt, blueberries, honey, and almonds was requested.
 Then we worked on reading and sight words.
 She played while I made dinner:
Kit worked last night, so I made something I knew would be a good left over for him when he got home, something good for me to take to lunch, and something that that kids like. 
 It's also such a win because dinner is ready and the kitchen is all cleaned up.  It makes the evening without Kit a little bit easier.
At this point it was about 1240p. It's back to some practice with writing letters and sounds...
After she worked on that, she watched a show.  It's either a Sofia, Elena, or Masha and the Bear.
I will go between watching with her and doing chores.  I took out the trashes and cleaned all the toilets.
Then a little before 3p, Ryder was HOME!
He changed, and we ate a snack and watched a holiday cooking competition on Food Network.
After that, I finished dinner while they played:
 We face timed with Kit before we ate:
(It's hard to have him not there for dinner.)
After dinner, the kids shower and brush their teeth while I cleaned up.  Ryder has a long-term substitute while his teacher recovers from shoulder surgery.  We normally get the homework packet by 3 on Monday via email, but it didn't happen, so we took it as a free night! We watched a family baking show before bed, all snuggled up!
Kids were in bed by 730p and I was not too far behind them with visions of work and new babies dancing in my head.❤︎
The day seemed typical and sweet and hard and tiring and life giving and full of joy and frustrations at times when little people don't listen or have bad attitudes that their dad isn't there.
That is mother hood, isn't it? All wrapped into one glorious package that I wouldn't give or trade for anything.❤︎