6.28.2016

Grandma Pierce

On June 17, 2016, our Grandma Pierce went home to be with Jesus.  
I have been looking through pictures and couldn't help sharing my absolute favorites!
We always stopped by to see them on our way to Santa Maria:
Meeting Ryder:
 Meeting Eden:
And celebrating special birthdays, weddings, and anniversaries together were always huge highlights:
These were two of our most recent pictures that we had and I just loved them so much:
We recently came together as a family and celebrated her life and the legacy that she had left behind...
 Kit read scripture and and then shared about who Grandma was to him...
 Kit was so excited to get a few images of her bible.  For as long as he could remember, it was out and open on their dining table...
 With grandpa...
My parents came to help us celebrate her life...
It was sweet to have them there...
A few days later we met at the graveside:
 It was my kid's first graveside experience...
 Kit lead a time of scripture reading and time of remembrance...
 Then we went to one of her favorite spots for lunch... 
I have said this before, but though Kit was the one that could claim her as his biological grandmother, she always treated me as one of her own.   I never felt like I "married in." So for 17 years, she was my grandma too and that, in addition to her love for her Savior, is what makes her legacy so incredible: She loved people well and deep and true.  We will miss her terribly, but we are so thankful that she is home with her Jesus.  However, we will still be homesick for her and every time we go to Santa Barbara and we pass their turn off, I will wish that we could stop for a visit, that begins with juice and cookies and ends with an ice cream drumstick, and is filled with amazing conversation and love.  I will be homesick for her, but am so thankful that we can rest in the joy that we will see her again.