5.24.2016

tooth fairy notes...

As of yet, Ryder has not lost a tooth.  He has been there when a couple of his friends have lost them and there was so much blood that he was pretty overwhelmed by the whole thing. Even though his friends told him that it didn't hurt, he is still a little nervous to actually lose a tooth.  So we decided to make a fun holder for his teeth when he leaves them for the tooth fairy.  It made a fun distraction from the fact that two of his teeth are lose and will inevitably coming out soon...
It was just a basic pocket, with felt that I had on hand.
We made one for Eden too, since at this point she is CONVINCED she will lose a tooth before Ryder does...
To personalize it, I found these wooden buttons at the craft store:
It was perfect for painting...
 He was so into it!  At one point he looked at me and said, "Mom, I'm really feeling like an artist!"
 The finished painted creation.  Once it dried, I sprayed it with a clear top coat and then sewed it on to the tooth pocket.  They didn't have an 'E' but I figure we will cross that bridge when we come to it...❤︎
The finished product:
Now we are ready for when one of those tiny teeth decide to come out...
It's funny, Ryder had the WORST time with teething and each one felt like it was such a battle!
Now were are watching baby teeth get lose and adult teeth will be making their way in...
Oh my goodness!