12.08.2015

"Oh Christmas tree..."

This past Friday, we picked Ryder up from school and we went and picked out our tree...  Man did we have some fun!
Our tradition is to get some In N' Out so that we do the whole shopping and decorating on full stomaches:
A christmas tree lot always smells so good!
 Checking for holes.  Yep, this was the one!
 The sweet guy who was working at the lot goes to our church and Kit had baptized him...
I mean how special is that!  Thanks Bruno!
Trimming...
The kids have been dancing together and they were spinning eachother and having the best time.
Then it was time for Eden to nap and to get serious about getting this guy decorated!
 One of our favorite ornaments:
I cry every time I read this note from our family!
 Our tree is full of home made garlands of beads, buttons, and tied felt pieces.  There are ornaments that I have made and some that have been given to us.  There are framed pictures of the kids' first christmas that they LOVE to find each year! Our tree topper is a yarn covered wire star that just makes me so happy to see each year! I just love decorating the tree...❤︎
 Ryder took these:
The best part of the tree is watching the absolute WONDER that occurs every time the kids see it!
I love this time of year and I love that we continue to make memories in this house!