12.22.2015

a little christmas "this and that"...

Little signs are all over our home that Christmas is here.  
Christmas cards:
 Over Thanksgiving, the kiddos got to see Santa for the second time in their lives and they had so much fun.  I now have this picture on our desk:
Eden is our night owl and loves to sneak down to look at the tree.  Seeing her little feet hanging over the stairs will always be a sweet holiday memory for me:
Ryder made so many cool creations at school and has them proudly presented on his art boards:
His Aunt Mal made his this felt tree for Ryder's first Christmas.  I love pulling it out each year!
Eden and I decided to add our homemade pom-poms to the tree and it has made it so much more full and festive!  (And SUPER kid friendly!)
I think this is the most "hame made" our tree has every been.  Minus a few ornaments, we have made garlands and clothespin snowflakes and pom-poms...  It has made the tree really feel like"us"!
We have had these mugs since 1984 and since marriage, I have adopted them as my own.  Coffee, tea, and cider just taste better in these, especially when Amy Grant's Christmas album from 1983 is playing in the background!