12.28.2015

Christmas Eve

Well, Christmas Eve this year proved to be the most unusual that we have had.  I was scheduled to work, but woke up with pink eye and a chest cold.  My parents had planned to come out to be with the kids while Kit and I worked so since I was sick, we kept that plan.   It was so strange to not have the kiddos with us!  It didn't really feel like a holiday.
They went to my sister's house, ate like kings, delivered food to a sweet family that was affiliated with my parents church that had nothing.   Such an eye opening experience for my babies.  They visited the site of the recent San Bernardino shooting  and prayed for the families that lost loved ones.
 They brought flowers in their memory...
Then they headed to their church candle light service:
Then they headed to our friend Shari's house for dinner and homemade doughnuts filled with Nutella.  They were in heaven.
They had an amazing time with family and had their world views broadened and their hearts broken for a hurting world, and though we weren't together, I was so thankful that this christmas eve gave them those experiences with people that love them so dearly.