8.19.2015

curbside find for the win!

I also thought that I should call this WE ARE FINALLY WORKING ON FURNITURE PLANS FOR THE FIREPLACE ROOM SINCE WE HAVE ALMOST LIVED HERE A YEAR AND A HALF AND IT IS STILL COMPLETELY EMPTY... but that seemed too long.♥
So in all seriousness, our fireplace room has sat empty since we have moved in and this last week, I found a FREE curbside piece of furniture that has gotten me so excited about thinking of what we want this room to be and how we want it to function.
Here it is:
    It's a solid wood piece of stackable cabinets that was in good shape but had enough rough an tumble marks that I knew I was going to need to paint it to make it look how I wanted it to look.
Ryder has been my little side kick and helper.  He has been always wanting to help and be right by my side, whether it's yard work and gardening or house cleaning and projects or cooking...  He loves to be involved.  So Ryder and I decided to put the piece in the room to better decide what color to paint it.  Our top choices where green or yellow since our floors are so dark, so Ryder went around the house getting things in those colors so we could better decide what would look best:
We both decided that a shade of yellow would be the best choice.
So we took a family trip to Home Depot and picked this color in satin finish:
This little butterfly was super helpful...♥
So after a few days of sanding and priming and all that super fun prep in 90+ degree weather, we were ready to paint:
Ryder wanted to help sand:
 He looks so much like Kit to me, farmer's tan and all!
In process:
The finished product:
I can't wait to style it!