4.08.2014

celebrations...

Here is a little break from the house renovations, where we get to talk about this amazing little boy:
Gosh I love this amazing little man, who is independent, kind, brave, nurturing, courageous, FUNNY!  We think that he is an incredible kid and I see him growing into an amazing little human being... What a joy it is to be his mom and to have him as a HUGE part of our family.
So, Ryder turned 4 on sunday and we had family in town on saturday to celebrate him.  It was our first party in the new house.  I just can't believe my baby boy is four years old...
Here were some highlights:
It was a reptile themed party so I used leftover party items form Eden's butterfly party.
We had my sister's pets come as special guests, a bearded dragon named Darius and a tiny ribbon snake named Ziggy:
As party favors the kids received a small wooden snake that they could paint:
(with some gum and a glow in the dark reptile sticker...)
It was only  a few minutes of an activity but the kiddos had some fun with it and I think I would do it again:
Kit BBQ for the first time at this house and though it got a little smokey at some points, it was pretty darn tasty:
Cake and presents were the very last things and for how excited he was about the presents, he remained fairly patient.
 His favorite presents were a shot gun and a bow and arrow set.  My goodness he is ready for whatever happens.  (Also, Eden and I haven't been hit with anything so we are thankful.  It's the little things...)
The best part of the party was just getting to have people that we love in our home and get to have Ryder feel so loved and celebrated!
Eden was given a chef's outfit from Aunt Kathy...
The girls...
Kit's parents came down for the day!
Ryder was THRILLED!
We made it!
It was a great day of celebrating this AMAZING little boy!
Thank you Alex Pavone for capturing our family moments with photos...
You are awesome!