7.03.2013

teething, sleepless nights, Chick-fil-A, creating a 4th of July garland

Yep, this was the summary of our day yesterday.  Monday night, Eden slept maybe a total of 1 1/2 hours, which meant that's all the sleep that I got as well.  I was exhausted.  I could not speak in clear, complete sentences.  I kept forgetting what I was doing.  I couldn't finish a thought. I made an appointment with our pediatrician to check her ears first thing in the morning, and guess what?  The ears looked good and the four molars were coming in full force.  I felt unglued and emotional all day.  (It's no wonder that sleep deprivation is used as a torture technique in come countries!)  My poor Eden was so sad.  I could tell she just was miserable with her teething.
Being exahusted makes me feel like I'm about to snap at a moments notice, that I have NO patience and I have NO margin for ANYTHING other than survival.  I hate it! Blah! I just kept praying, "Lord give me peace and please make this day better... Also, please don't let Ryder remember these moments when I feel like I can barely speak in coherent sentences. Amen" the prayer was usually followed by tears, both because it was a hard day, but also because I knew He was with me. There is peace in those moments...
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
When it was lunch time, all I could think to make was quesadillas, however both kids have had the delight of struggling with constipation so that lunch idea was out.  Anything else that came to mind was going to take WAY too much work, like P,B, and J.  I mean, that is a lot of jars to pull out and then there is the knife I would have to wash.  (Yep, sleep deprivation makes me completely rational and logical...HA!)
So we grabbed lunch at Chick-fil-A and things started to look right with the world.  
("Oh, I'll be your hero, just give me the waffle fries or I will cut you!")
The kids love their waffle fries and grilled chicken strips.
 We went from two cranky and sleep deprived children to laughs and giggles and "please" and "thank you mama"...  Sleep deprivation AND low blood sugar makes a dangerous combination in our family!
The kids took naps (Thank God!) but I however had pumped myself so full of caffeine to stay awake that morning that I was a little too wired to nap (the irony...) But that allowed me to do some decoration prep/crafting for Thursday's block party on our street.  
I made a felt garland.
I wanted to do the traditional red, white, and blue but then I decided to change it up a little bit with doing red and turquoise.  I think I will get more use out of it for parties.
I made two- 7 foot garlands and two smaller garlands for the food tables.
 Eden automatically thought it was a fashion accessory.
(She is my girly girl...)
It was a long day.  I was thankful when it was over and the kids were snuggled in their beds  I said a prayer over both  of them that they would sleep and that it would be a better day tomorrow.  It's always nice that after a hard day, you know a new one is coming... 
So if you see me and I am twitching or spontaneously drooling or I can't remember my name, just give me some grace and know that I really haven't slept well and it's OK to pretend you don't know me. (I mean, especially if I am drooling AND twitching...♥)