7.22.2013

10 years

On saturday I got to attend a little 10 year nursing school reunion with some of my classmates.  We had so much fun!  We met at a park that was close to our college and just talked and met each other's kiddos.  This was the most incredible group of human beings.  We experienced things together that you rarely get to share in any other context.  Experiences like watching a twins delivered via c-section,  witnessing open heart surgeries, placing NG tubes on each other, our first IVs and injections, watching people pass from this life to the next, then having my first, but not last experience of utilizing a body bag.  There were all nighters and LOTS of coffee, early morning and late night clinicals, driving anywhere from LA County/USC for ICU and ER experience, to City of Hope for an 18 week oncology rotation.  We shared in each other's personal joys and triumphs and sorrows and struggles.  We experienced some of each other's engagements and weddings and even the celebration of babies.  It truly was a privilege to spend three of the most INTENSE years of my life with these phenomenal people and I am so thankful for how they have influenced my life.
Here we were in 2003:
What fun it was to catch up:
We took a time of sharing highs and lows of the last ten years and what our plans are for the future.
Here was my date:
Kit stayed home with Eden who was very much in need of her nap time ritual.
It also allowed for so much more talk time.
Two of my room mates from college were also there and I love seeing them as mamas.  
They are amazing women and I was so excited that I got to live with them in that season!
Lana and I:
Look at James' thighs... Pure lusciousness!
Annie and I: 
Overall, we had such a great time of getting to catch up and share life together!
I still can't believe it's been 10 years!