7.31.2013

christmas in July

This post is written to remember that when I do crazy things in my eighties, my family will say to themselves, "Mom's not crazy, she did things like this in her thirties..."♥
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
I had a playlist running the other day and somehow, multiple Christmas songs had gotten into it and before I knew it, I was singing along to Silent Night,  Oh Come, All Ye Faithful, and Hark, the Harold Angels Sing.  It's the end of July and I know how crazy that must have sounded for my children and for any flies on the wall♥.
The bummer is it got me in this COMPLETELY irrational Christmas mood.  I had no choice but to tackle a few of the christmas crafts that I wanted to do last year but didn't get to.
So welcome to my crazy little Christmas in July.
The first one was spray painiting letters for each of our stockings.
Here is the mantel last year:
Ignore the Grinch. This was the best picture I have from last year:
 There was no differentiation between the stockings, so I decided to go with a single wooden letter for each family member, and to spray them a dark red.
The color is not pink in real life.
 With just using my hands, I placed a screw eye on each letter so that I can tie them to each stocking.
The finished product:
(I can't wait to have them all hanging on our mantel this year!)
My second Christmas craft that I didn't get to last year was making a waterless snow globe.
This project has been on my list since I was pregnant with Ryder, but I figure, better late than never, right?
So I gathered my supplies:

 All I did was glue the three trees to the lid of the jar, then I filled the jar with about 1 1/2 inches of glitter.  
I love how both of these projects came out and I am so excited to pull them out this holiday season!
(I will have to wait a few months , but this year I will be ready!)