2.12.2013

creating: valentines cards and decorations

We celebrated Valentines day early this year because Kit will be traveling on the actual day, which meant I had to get my act together a whole lot sooner.
So here are the little valentines that I made for Kit and the kids:

I wanted to make a little something special for the Littles so I found this idea:
felt valentine envelopes:

Just using the zig zag stitch, I sewed up the sides and hot glued a heart on the front:
pink and white for Eden and black and red for Ryder:
I'm excited to pull these out each year for a valentines tradition!
Then for Kit, I pulled out the Christmas present from my brother in law:
A Sizzix dry embosser:
I bought a wood grain template:
 Then I just added our initials:
I only did a few valentines decorations, but I really loved how they came out!
I used yellow oil cloth to make hearts to decorate around our house:
 And of course we had to have a treat so 
Dum Dums were picked by Ryder.
(We use them for exercises with speech and he loves them!)
So that's the valentines run down at our house.
How great is it that we have a holiday to celebrate people that we love!