2.01.2013

finding balance

I am going to be honest.  I feel like I have been coming out of a fog since I had our baby girl.  I felt like there were several months where I was just surviving, trying to get Ryder what he needed, trying to take care of Eden, while trying to get a shower and clean the house and have some type of meal for Kit at the end of the day.  (He brought home take out MANY times...)
As I am now feeling better and more confident about having two little people, and am much less anxious, I have been trying to think of what balance and health will look like as the mom of two kids and as a family of four.  Kit and I are having conversations about what it looks like to have a regular date night, and having people over, juggling work schedules, traveling, activities, and classes,  and dealing with those long days when all I want him to do is to call in sick and be with us.  (Those days are much fewer than they were in the very first weeks.)  We have a way to go, but both Kit and I feel like it's getting so much better!
We have some thoughts for achieving more balance like date nights, hosting events at our house, making healthier meals and carving out time for exercise, and getting Eden in a routine and comfortable with being dropped off at church so that Kit and I can go to church together.  I want to tackle things like donating old toys and clothes that don't fit to have some sense of organization in our home...
I am feeling a breath of fresh air with this new beginning!  
I can't wait to share it with you!