9.09.2011

trying to stay cool...

We have been having 100+ degree days and it has felt pretty unbearable to be outside. Even running errands is no fun because of getting in and out of the car in the heat... YUCK! So we have been trying new things that involve staying inside with the air conditioning and it has been working out pretty well. Coloring has become a new favorite, mostly because we get to put the crayons in and out of their container, but it can satisfy us for at least an hour, so we are happy campers! (Note the WE...)

It starts with the container: (Why I give him the whole thing, I have no idea, but I figure, why not...)
It goes like this:
Here is our finished product. (I can't think of the last time I colored and oddly enough, it is very soothing, so of course I got in on the coloring action...)
I had left over coloring sheets from last thanksgiving so that is what we colored. (I think subconsciously I am hoping that if we are focusing on fall subject matter, then it will start to get cooler outside... Gosh I hope it cools down soon!)
I hope you have a wonderful weekend staying cool!