5.27.2010

prayer...

It was an emotional day and this prayer brought such comfort, that I wanted to share it with you. I recently put it up in my bathroom to read at the beginning and ending to the day, and it has been such a blessing.

-It's from Richard Foster's book of Prayers-

A Prayer of Relinquishment

Today, O Lord, I yield myself to you.

May your will be my delight today.

May your way have perfect sway in me.

May your love be the pattern of my living.

I surrender to you

my hopes,

my dreams,

my ambitions.

Do with them what you will, when you will, as you will.

I place into your loving care

my family,

my friends,

my future.

Care for them with a care that I can never give.

I release into your hands

my need to control,

my craving for status,

my fear of obscurity.

Eradicate the evil, purify the good, and establish your

kingdom on earth.

Amen.