12.18.2009

Pregnancy Updates...

We are six months today and it has really been a great so far. People have asked about our pregnancy so I wanted to give a little feedback.

~I have felt him moving since between week 17 and 18 and that has been the BEST part of pregnancy. (I mean, he moves a TON and when I told my mom that she said, "Oh my gosh, you're having a YOU!")

~My nausea stopped around week 10. I get pretty tired but I've been able to deal. 12 hour shifts can be a little long. I hit a very tired wall around 2 pm. Than I eat something salty and pick right back up again.

~I get emotional and if I think that it is at ALL pregnancy hormone driven, (like I can't give a good reason why I am crying or mad or sad...) I really try to pull myself together and talk myself down. If I can't pull it together before the tears come, then I just tell Kit that my eyes are sweating, that it happens a lot in pregnancy and he shouldn't worry about it. (Then, inevitably, I cry even harder and he just sits with me and holds me. I really married up!) This has happened once so far...

~I have cravings for anything salty. I mean, ANYTHING salty. Water retention, table for one! Sweets just don't sound good to me at all. (For those that knew me pre-pregnancy this should not come as a surprise to you...)

~I read to Ryder every night and he is the most active in the morning and at night so Kit has actually SEEN him move when I am lying flat. (That is such a trip for both of us!)

~Kit talks to him and he actually moves to where Kit's voice is. It melts my heart every time.
Thank you to our friends and family that have asked about how we are doing and are praying for us and our little man. We are excited for him to meet all of you!