9.30.2024

September book

Here is the book I read for the month of September. Just one this month…

I started off with a classic that Ryder will be reading this year in high school.  I actually used my copy that I used in high school.  I love this classic for so many reasons.  I wonder if Harper Lee thought that it would be as significant to the world as it has been when she wrote it in 1960. I love the book for so many reasons, but I think it's the characters that she develops throughout the pages that are my favorite.  Atticus Finch and Scout are  probably two of my all-time favorite fictional characters.  The fight for justice and humanity and being a person of character was so powerful to me when I first read it as a freshmen, I love that Ryder will have this story under his belt as well.