1.31.2023

little goals for the year 2023

I have challenged myself to read 25 books over the course of the year.  Last year I think I read maybe three books so I could be biting off way more than I can chew...  It doesn't matter the size or genre.  So I am recapping this months books for my own records❤︎:

I received this one for Christmas and I loved that discussion of intentionality with opening your home with each season:
I jumped on the bandwagon and I'm reading the Vanderbeeker series with Eden. I read the first one and I am waiting for her to finish the second one...  I have heard so many people talk about this series and we are both loving the characters and stories that they are in!
Our friends wrote the book "The Intentional Year" and our church is going through it.  It has been such a great challenge to me and 35 pages of notes later, I am still feeling so inspired by it's pages.  I STRONGLY recommend this book!
And then I read the book "The Immortalists" by Chloe Benjamin, one of my sister's favorites and she gave it to me so that I could share in reading it.  It has some grit and hard story lines but the story and I thought the characters lives were really well written.  I know it wouldn't be for everyone, but I am so glad that my sister shared it with me...
I'm hoping to continue with reading great books and stories over the course of the year, for growth, for fun, to learn, and sometimes, all of the above...