5.15.2020

Kitchen updates!

We have been working on a very special project in our kitchen and we are so excited to share how it came out!
First, when we moved into our house in 2014, our kitchen looked like this:
When we moved in, we replaced the floor and appliances, and then in 2017, we painted the cabinets:
The big thing left to do was to replace the counter tops and then adda backsplash.
Which also meant a switch out for our sink and faucet.  Here is what we chose:
Our sink from Kohler:
Our faucet from Moen:
3x12 white subway from Home Depot:
 A light Calcutta Quartz we found on Craiglist:
And the cutest contractor I have ever laid eyes on!
Day one:
Demo crew:
 Eden got in on some of the power tool action...
 Cutting down the old counter for the trash can...
 The clean up crew...
Day 2:
Quartz counter install and window was cased.
After the counters were installed the guys hooked up the plumbing for the sink, Reverse Osmosis, and garbage disposal:
The counter was extended for these two to sit more comfortably.
They approved:
 
 
Day three:
We tiled. A lot.
Then we set the grout:
There is no way to tell you how much we love how everything came out. I cried.  I love it so SO much!
He'd measure, I'd cut the tile, and he would lay it out.  He ran the plumbing and had everything hooked up while I handed him tools.  He'd case the window, and I would get things ready for him to paint.  He'd grout, and I'd follow with wiping the excess off the tile.He's replace the electrical boxes and I'd make sure nothing was live.  
I fell more in love with this man through the project and I am SO thankful that we were able to do it together!