2.05.2019

purposeful pursuit

Last week I started going to counseling! My goal for 2019 has been to pursue mental and emotional health so that I can be the best wife and mother that I can be.  I believe that counseling can bring such incredible health and wholeness and I am excited for this opportunity that the Lord has opened up for me to go.  The last time I was in individual counseling was in college.  At that time, Kit drove me to every session, and took me to lunch afterwards so that I can debrief and process all that the therapist and I had discussed.  We had only been dating a few months. Those sessions were over 19 years ago and man has a lot of life happened in those almost two decades.  Now that the kids are both in full day school, I felt I could embrace this process! Last week, as I got ready for  my first session, Kit surprised me with taking the morning off to drive me and be with me.
He is a gift to me and I can't imagine life without him!
My prayer is as I begin this process, that I would be mindful of what God is doing in and through the sessions, as well and gaining insight and tools to handle all that life can hold, past and present...❤︎