1.18.2019

deep cleaning...

As the year started, I decided to tackled every cupboard and closet in our house. I was inspired by this book that I read a few years back:
And then she recenlty released a show on Netflix:
Slowly but surely I have gone though our house, donating, throwing away, and creating systems to make life run a little smoother.  The hardest for me was anything sentimental.  I have two plastic bins under our bed that have everything from yearbooks, the kids sports photos, letters from teachers, cards from grandparents, notes from patients, and photos of my parents as kids, just to name a few...  
Some of the favorite things we found were all of the pictures, letters, and printed emails of Kit and I from when we were first dating.  We came across this photo and Eden thought is was the best thing ever:
And because I have a hard time giving things away, guess who had the dress in her coat closet...
And guess who immediately wanted to wear it around with her flower crown while singing songs from "The Greatest Showman":
Little moments like these were so sweet...
(Not to mention that I took three loads this size for donation!)
In the decluttering, it has been fun to find those treasures and share them as a family...
Man, it feels good to clear things out!