1.02.2019

Christmas in Shaver Lake 2018

After I worked on Christmas Eve, we headed up to Shaver Lake.  I was so tired but we were so ready to be there and enjoy the time together.
We got there at about two in the morning and all the adults had waited up for us.  The tree was so perfect and the stockings were all ready to go:
Santa also ate our cookies and drank our milk and left us a nice note:
I have  a feeling that the reindeer were a little skittish of our cabin for obvious reasons:
Christmas morning came with a light dusting of snow:
I love this place so much!
Then it was time for presents:
 Oh these kids had the best time being spoiled!
Ryder's favorite gift was a Steph Curry basketball...
 And Eden's was her first music/jewelry box...
 Having our Monkey Papa healthy and feeling good made our Christmas morning!
 Homemade goodness from Grandi...
 The Rae men...
Baby Twin:
 Cousin friends...
After presents and breakfast, we took a little walk to our rope swing:
 For Eden, the higher the better...
The day after Christmas, Grandi and Monkey Papa did a Grinch breakfast and the kids LOVED it!
Then we spent a good part of the day sledding!
Ryder took this hill that was super high and then Eden wanted to go down.  I'm not going to lie, there was a little bit of fear when I realized after we had started to go down, how high we actually were.
Eden laughed the whole way and then wanted to do it again.
 These kids are brave and courageous!
We ended up moving to a hill that was a little more family friendly:
Kit and I went down on a tube and all I can say is Kit cushioned all the bumps and rocks:
(Don't I make sledding look so graceful?😬)
Also, my nephew Aiden is the absolute sweetest!  
He just turned two:
Eden kept going down and did not want to stop...
The only pictures I could get was when she came down after a run:
We had a REALLY fun time!
The girls played so well together!  They played and created together.  Using their Christmas gifts, together they made soap, bath bombs, lip gloss, perfume, and used a sewing kit to make a cat.
 Did I mention there was also manicures and Eden and I got a haircut from our aunt Megan?
 She felt SO OLD!
Each evening we played games:
We did an escape room game and though all of us wanted to have a stroke from the stress, we got out with over 6 minutes to spare:
 Azul was anew game for me and I REALLY liked it!
We walked to our pond one evening to shoot our BB gun:
Being together was so special!
It was the first time that the ENTIRE immediate Rae family had been together since some of our family moved to Texas, so being together was even more special to us. I don't know when the 16 of us will be all together again, but I will tell you, each memory that we made, we will cherish.  It was a magical Christmas and we are so thankful for the time that we had to be with people that we love so much!
Until we are all together again...